Weekly Meetup: 1 Million Cups
Feb 28 2018 - 9:30am to Feb 27 2019 - 9:00am
The program takes place every Wednesday morning from 9:00-10:00am in locations all around the country. The Denver Chapter meets at Colorado Lending Source weekly.
1 Million Cups (1MC) is a simple way to engage entrepreneurs in communities around the world. Each week, the 1MC program offers two local entrepreneurs an opportunity to present their startups to a diverse audience of mentors, advisors, and entrepreneurs.
Presenters prepare a 6 minute educational presentation and engage in 20 minutes of feedback and questioning after they present. Entrepreneurs gain insight into possible ways they can improve their businesses, gather realtime feedback, connect with a community that truly cares about their progress, and walk away feeling like they have advanced their business. The audience also learns a great deal from the presentations. Whether this is through passively listening or deeply engaging with the entrepreneurs, there is much to learn every week from these dynamic and diverse communities.
Trademarks and Copyrights 101
Nov 6 2019 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Have trademarks been a mystery to you? Are you considering moving forward with a cool new brand, but not sure of the legalities? Have you created something original, or do you want to use an image or work that belongs to another person? This workshop will help businesses learn the ins and outs of basic intellectual property protection.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the difference between patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Learn about “common law” intellectual property rights
- Clarify the benefits of Federal protections
- Strategies to search for a proposed trademark and make sure it is clear for use
- Walk through the registration processes with the Copyright Office and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- How NOT to get a cease and desist letter based on images you use
- The importance of ongoing protection and monitoring your trademarks
- Clarify your obligations once a registration becomes active
Holiday Mart & Party!
Dec 5 2019 - 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Shop local this holiday season with our collaborative community of entrepreneurs!
Colorado Lending Source invites your to join us on Thursday, December 5th for our Third Annual Holiday Mart & Party! In addition to featuring entrepreneurs within Colorado Lending Source's network, we will be collaborating with other small business resources inviting their clients to host a booth as well. Our intention is to highlight our collaborative community, celebrate the holiday cheer, and encourage our expansive networks to shop local this holiday season!